Installation - Ban DB V2
Fuel Development - Ban Database V2 Installation Guide ¶
- You have to install NodeJS
v16.3.0 works fine14 BELOW WILL NOT WORK
- Check your NodeJS version by writing "node" into command prompt.
- Please download the following software before starting:
- When installing XAMPP and you have the option to select the components the only requirements for this bot to work is MySQL, you can untick everything else.
- Once you have finished installing both XAMPP & MySQL Workbench start up the MySQL server using the XAMPP control panel as shown here
- Open MySQL Workbench and setup a new connection by clicking the + for most of you everything that's in here you will not need to change other than the Connection Name up the top then just click ok.
- Once connected you will be shown a screen that looks like this click the option on the left saying "Schemas" then right click and "Create Schema" input a name we recommend something simple like "bdv2" and click apply down the bottom right then click apply on the popup message & finish to close the message now you are done with MySQL Workbench.
- Open BanDatabase's folder and open settings/configuration.js with any text editor
- To run the bot you are required to have the following information setup in the config.
- FuelsLicenseKey which you can get here
- Secret You can get this from your Discord Developers Page
- Port (I recommend setting port as 80, otherwise users will join your site using yourdomain.com:3000)
- CallbackURL ( EG: https://localhost:3000/auth/callback (Replace localhost with the IP or Domain)("http(s)://" and /auth/callback" parts must stay!!)
- Database (Change the database info to what you set on MySQL Workbench bdv2)
- Other config sections describes self.
- Open Discord Developers page and open your bot's application.
- There is a OAuth2 page located on the left.
- Add a Redirect and write your callbackURL that we set in Dashboard config (without ')
- Open Ban Database's folder again and write cmd to top part.
- See Here
- After writing cmd, press enter and write "npm install"
- Wait a while, after this get completed, write
- This will start bot & the dashboard
- Let's connect your IP to domain
- Open your domain's DNS management page.
- Open A record.
- Write @ to first part, and write your ip/ipv4 to seconds section.
- You want subdomain? Write subdomain name instead of @
- Save and wait for changes get applied.
Was this article helpful?
26 out of 52 found this helpful